It’s almost that time of year again; Valentines day. We take the stress out of gift giving with a list of super cool valentines day gifts for the boyfriend or husband that he will absolutely love.
Whether he’s a techie, fitness fanatic or romantic at heart we’ve got you covered. Take a list at our top picks of valentines day gifts and presents for men.
For The Movie Buff: Amazon Fire Stick
Move over Netflix & Chill; it’s time for Amazon Fire Stick & Chill. This Fire TV stick connects to any tv and allows him to watch his favorite shows on ESPN, NBC News, HBO Now, HULU, Fox Sports and yes…. even Netflix.
Amazon Fire Stick
Art Of Shaving Starter Set
The Art of Shaving Set comes with sandalwood scented pre-shave oil, shaving cream, after-shave balm and a genuine shaving brush. This kit will leave him looking smooth and smelling like a million dollars.
Art of Shaving Starter Set
For The Techie : Apple Watch Sport
A tech gadget’s dream come true; the Apple Sport Watch will let him take calls, send text messages, call a taxi and even track his calories.
Apple Watch Sport
For The Gamer : Razer Firefly-Hard Gaming Mouse Mat
The ultimate gift for any hardcore gamer; this mouse mat is optimized for game play and offers chroma lighting; it’s the ultimate desk top bling
Razer Firefly Hard Gaming Mouse Mat
For The Playful Guy : Discovery HD +RC Quadcopter Drone
He’ll love flying this drone around and taking videos with the HD video camera.
Discovery HD +RC Quadcopter Drone
For The Music Lover : Amazon Echo
He’ll love enjoying all his favorite tunes from Pandora, Iheart Radio, Prime Music and more with just voice commands. Move over Siri; Echo answers questions, reports traffic and weather conditions and even reports sports scores.
- Start With Pencil Eyeliner – Pencils are much easier to handle compared to liquid liners. You don’t need a steady hand plus it’s easier to remove if you mess up. Pencil eyeliners which are easy to use include Revlon ColorStay and L’Oreal Infallible.
- Makeup artist Lisa Elridge recommends pushing the liner into your lashline in order to create the illusion of a thicker lashline.
- Do NOT draw a straight line! Drawing a straight line will look unnatural. Start by applying in small sections
- Put your finger on the middle of your brow & pull up in order to get close to the lashline. Try Benefit’s Push Up Liner which is designed to push lases aside and get close to the lashline.
- You don’t want any skin to peek through
How To Do Eyeliner For Bigger Looking Eyes…
- DO NOT draw eye liner all around your bottom lashline as this will make your eyes appear smaller!
- However, DO dot a pencil eye liner around from the outside corner till about midway and smudge it out.
- For a softer effect apply a brown powder eye shadow on your bottom lashes from the corner to about halfway in with a slanted brush (We like MAC’s angled 208 brush) and push it into your lashline. A cheap dupe that works well is the Sonia Kashuk slanted eye liner brush.
- Curl your lashes! Curling your lashes will open up your eyes and give a “wide eye” effect. The most popular eye lash curlers are those from Shiseido & Shu Uemura
- Dab a light color highlighter or eye shadow in the very corner of your inner eye in order to look more “bright eyed” and awake.
How To Apply Liquid Liner…
- DON’T be afraid to mess up. It’s just makeup.
- DO have a Q-tip and foundation on hand. If you make a mistake dab foundation on the q-tip in order to erase any misplaced liner
- Pro Makeup artist Dam-Mikkelson recommends using a pencil first in order to trace the lashline and create a blueprint for where you’re going to be applying the liner.
- Next go over the line with a flat angled brush with a gel eye liner like MAC Fluidline or Inglot Eyeliner Gel.
- Dip a q-tip in makeup remover and slide it across the wing for an extra sharp line.
How To Do Eyeliner For A Dramatic Look
- Line all the way around your upper and lower lashline making sure to line the upper water line
- Line the bottom lashes including the waterline. Need an eyeliner that will last on your waterline? Try Milani Infinite Liquid Eyeliner, MAC Fluidline or L’Oreal Infallible Eye Liner.
- If you are using a pencil eye liner you can go over it with a matching color eye shadow applied with the MAC 208 for extra intensity
How To Line The Waterline
The water liner is the inner rim of your eye; lining your waterline creates a more intense look.
- DO pick a waterproof liner such as MUFE Aqua Eyes Liner or IT Cosmetics No-Tug Gel Liner in order to prevent smearing.
- ALSO…. curl your lashes first before you line the waterline
- When lining the lower lashline, gently pull down your lashline and run your pencil gently across the waterline
- SET the eye liner with a flat brush dipped in black shadow (we like MAC Carbon) over the waterline for extra long lasting power
- Line the lower lashline as well; this will help your eye makeup look polished even when your waterline fades…
- You may want to try waterlining with brown or bronze colors for a more natural & softer look
- BE CAREFUL if you wear contact lenses or have sensitive eyes as waterlining may irritate your eyes
Make Your Eyeliner Last Longer….
Tips For Your Eye Shape
- If you have round eyes, you may want to elongate your eye shape by extending your liner at the end
- If you have downturned eyes you can accentuate the shape of your eye by extending your liner out in order to create a cat-eye
- If you have small eyes avoid lining the bottom waterline excessively as this can make eyes appear even smaller
- If you have close-set eyes concentrate on the outer corner of your eyes & avoid lining right at the tear duct since this will make eyes appear even closer