I absolutely adore highlighters and don’t feel like my look is complete without a touch of highlighter.
A pop of the best highligher makeup or illuminator on the cheekbones will give you that radiant “lit from within” look.
Highlighter makeup can also be placed on the cupid’s blow, center of the nose and wherever else you want a pop but beware not to overdo it, you don’t want to look like a disco ball.
Here are my personal best highlighter makeup picks.
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector – Best Cream Highlighter
This illuminator gorgeous and imo one of the best out there on the market. Just a pop of it blended on top of my cheek bones gives a radiant glow.
Cream highlighters look more natural than powder highlighters.
The color I personally use is Opal; it’s a peachy color that would look good on almost every skin tone. I highly recommend it if it’s your first time using a Becca cream highlighter. Others I have my eye on include Moonstone which is a tad more yellow and warmer
- Illuminates the skin for a glow to rival J-lo
- Creamy blendable texture that looks natural applied on top of foundation or blush
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector looks more natural compared to powder highlighters (in my opinion)
- Expensive but worth it!
Christian Dior Amber Diamond – Cheek Highlighter
Christian Dior Amber Diamond is of my favorite highlighters of all time. Mine actually broke into pieces! But I still have it and use it often.
I love using this color on my cheeks; it gives me an amazing glow that isn’t too shiny. Just subtle & perfect
- Very finely milled and super high quality you would expect from Dior
- May break so I wouldn’t carry it around since it’s so expensive
- Limited Edition & Only Available On Ebay
MAC Whisper Of Gilt
Mac Whisper of Gilt is part of the Skinfinish Superb line.
I’ve always been a big fan of the MSF highlighters for the variety of colors but MAC Whisper of Gilt is one of my favorites due to the texture which is not “powdery” at all.
It looks like a powder but the finish is truly incredible. It’s has a golden sheen and is ideal for someone who wants a warm highlighter. I’m a NC 20 and it shows up lovely on my skin.
- Incredible texture. One of MAC’s best highlighters of all time
- Warm color that looks natural and flawless on cheekbones
- LE and hard to find
Nars Orgasm Illuminator
One of my faves for summer or any time my skin needs a quick pick me up. The color is much more subtle compared to Nars Orgasm blush; the illuminator is nowhere as pink.
The texture is watery and it’s extremely sheer. It gives skin a perfect dewy look in order to emulate the glow and radiance of baby skin.
I actually prefer to “pat” this product on instead of rubbing it in which will disturb your foundation.
- I love the light airy texture which feels almost weightless
- A little goes a LONG way! You only need a dab. I’ve mine for over a year with more than half left
- Fool proof. So sheer you don’t even need a mirror to apply
Nars Albatross looks scarily white in the pan but translates to a subtle candle-lit glow on the face. It’s a lot less shimmery and more low key compared to most of the MAC MSF’s. Nars Albatross is a lovely warm golden glow that makes you look like you have perfect skin.